The NYT has a cool graphic up that shows all the parts of the Consumer Price Index and uses a color scheme to show how much they’ve gone up by in the past year. Go to the version on their site so you can zoom in closer on all the cells. It looks like a horribly growing fungus inside a petri dish, which I guess is not far from the truth.
Visualizing Inflation As A Pile Of Mold
By Ben Popken May 9, 2008
- chart attack Why Is Verizon Misleading Consumers With The Charts In These FiOS Ads?
- special delivery Guy Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Beer Says He’s “Wrongfully Accused” Of Ordering 5 Pizzas From Jail
- Getting To The Bottom Of It Report: Emails Show Takata Manipulated Data On Airbags
- i need juice 7 Ways To Not Be Annoying About Charging Your Phone At A Bar
- if you have to ask... Dear McDonald’s: If People Are Asking “What’s In Your Burger?” You’ve Already Lost