The NYT has a cool graphic up that shows all the parts of the Consumer Price Index and uses a color scheme to show how much they’ve gone up by in the past year. Go to the version on their site so you can zoom in closer on all the cells. It looks like a horribly growing fungus inside a petri dish, which I guess is not far from the truth.
Visualizing Inflation As A Pile Of Mold
By Ben Popken May 9, 2008
- special delivery Guy Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Beer Says He’s “Wrongfully Accused” Of Ordering 5 Pizzas From Jail
- chart attack Why Is Verizon Misleading Consumers With The Charts In These FiOS Ads?
- the dish on dish Dish Goes Wireless With Latest Receivers
- burgernomics The Bacon Cheeseburger Index, And 6 Other Odd Economic Indicators
- now tell five friends John Oliver Wants To Sell You On Why Multi-Level Marketing Stinks