The NYT has a cool graphic up that shows all the parts of the Consumer Price Index and uses a color scheme to show how much they’ve gone up by in the past year. Go to the version on their site so you can zoom in closer on all the cells. It looks like a horribly growing fungus inside a petri dish, which I guess is not far from the truth.
Visualizing Inflation As A Pile Of Mold
By Ben Popken May 9, 2008
- burgernomics The Bacon Cheeseburger Index, And 6 Other Odd Economic Indicators
- buyer be wary Make Sure Your Computer Is Powerful Enough For The Oculus Rift Before You Spend $599 On One
- scamalama-ding-dong 4 Things We Learned About Fake Locksmith Scammers Lurking Online
- stop staring at your phone and watch tv Nearly 90% Of Millennials Can’t Stop Looking At Their Phones When Watching TV
- block that ad European Wireless Carriers Want To Block Customers From Seeing Ads On Smartphones