BoingBoing notes that the U.S. House of Representatives has passed the notorious PRO-IP bill that ” puts local law enforcement in a position to demand the forfeiture in criminal proceedings of stuff used to violate copyright. Which means that instead of the RIAA simply trying to collect fines, they can also incite local authorities to collect all the computers and related gear that was used to pirate.” [ BoingBoing ] (Thanks, John!)
- a peek behind the curtain What The Heck Is The Trans-Pacific Partnership & Why Should I Be Concerned?
- vigilantes FCC Catches Vigilante Highway Cell Phone Jammer, Wants To Fine Him $48K
- stoopid spoofers FCC Wants To Fine Pair Of Idiots $25K Each For Faking Caller ID Of Prison, School To Harass Ex-Wife
- What are the implications? Law Enforcement Agencies Using New Card Reader To Seize Prepaid Card Funds
- red tape for everyone! Why You Should Care That All FCC Settlements Must Now Go Through Full Commission Vote