BoingBoing notes that the U.S. House of Representatives has passed the notorious PRO-IP bill that ” puts local law enforcement in a position to demand the forfeiture in criminal proceedings of stuff used to violate copyright. Which means that instead of the RIAA simply trying to collect fines, they can also incite local authorities to collect all the computers and related gear that was used to pirate.” [ BoingBoing ] (Thanks, John!)
- a peek behind the curtain What The Heck Is The Trans-Pacific Partnership & Why Should I Be Concerned?
- every breath you take Is It Illegal To Use An App To Track Your Kid, Spouse, Or Employee?
- big data is watching Privacy Advocates Sue Virginia Police Over Data From Automatic License Plate Scanners
- lawyer heal thyself Copyright Troll Lawyer Doesn’t Seem To Understand Copyright Law
- trolling for dollars Porn Copyright Trolls Trying To Use “Six Strikes” Warning System To ID Pirates