Wal-Mart reports a significant uptick in peanut butter and spaghetti sales. A retail consultant says the last time this happened was in the stagflation 70’s, and it represents close to the bottom of consumer food purchase downgrading (the slope goes from red meat to pig meat to chicken to pasta, and then PB&J). “It hasn’t gotten to human food mixed with pet food yet, but it is certainly headed in that direction,” he says. That sounds both disgusting and sensationalist. How does pet food even taste? Well, according to an NBC intern, “It honestly didn’t taste too bad! They had three different types and all were like a thick soup. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t order it at a restaurant, but I’ve tasted worse. I imagine they’d love it in prison.”
Wal-Mart Selling More Peanut Butter And Spaghetti, People Eating Pet Food Not Far Off?
By Ben Popken May 1, 2008
- recall roundup February Food And Supplement Recall Roundup: Curse Of The Contaminated Cumin
- woof FDA: Keep Your Dogs Away From Gum, Nut Butters Containing Xylitol
- taste the salmonella ConAgra To Pay $11M, Plead Guilty To Criminal Charge In Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- hy vee Parker Farms And Store Brand Cheese Snacks, Salsa, And Peanut Butter Recalled For Possible Listeria
- peanut butter jelly time Someone Made Craft Beer Jelly Because That Is Clearly What Peanut Butter Has Been Missing