Wal-Mart reports a significant uptick in peanut butter and spaghetti sales. A retail consultant says the last time this happened was in the stagflation 70’s, and it represents close to the bottom of consumer food purchase downgrading (the slope goes from red meat to pig meat to chicken to pasta, and then PB&J). “It hasn’t gotten to human food mixed with pet food yet, but it is certainly headed in that direction,” he says. That sounds both disgusting and sensationalist. How does pet food even taste? Well, according to an NBC intern, “It honestly didn’t taste too bad! They had three different types and all were like a thick soup. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t order it at a restaurant, but I’ve tasted worse. I imagine they’d love it in prison.”
Wal-Mart Selling More Peanut Butter And Spaghetti, People Eating Pet Food Not Far Off?
By Ben Popken May 1, 2008
- woof FDA: Keep Your Dogs Away From Gum, Nut Butters Containing Xylitol
- under the lens Lawmaker Wants FDA To Look Into Safety Of Caffeinated Peanut Butter
- stuff it stack it fry it 9 Outrageous Menu Items You’ll Only Find At A State Fair
- food terrible food Walmart Will Add A State Fair-Themed Restaurant To Texas Store
- woof Sweetener Used In Gum Blamed For Increase In Accidental Dog Poisonings