I walked by this DS-Max/Innovage type salesguy who was trying to sell cheap merchandise on the street one and he started to walk by my side. “Who are you voting for?” he asked. Just to mess with him, I said, “Nader.” He screwed up his face like he didn’t understand the words I was saying and then said, “Well you’re definitely going to need one of these.” A few feet away I looked over my shoulder and saw that he had stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and was smiling and holding out some large bound object. Walking closer I saw that he was holding an oversized plastic kitten calendar. He had just unintentionally performed the wittiest piece of political comedy I saw all year. It was also a great sales line. No matter what I said, he could follow it up with the same call to buy. I guess it’s not foolproof, however, as my walls are still devoid of oversized kitten calendars.
The Best Sales Line Ever
By Ben Popken April 29, 2008
- all meow fault Remorseful Thief Returns 3-Month Old Kitten Stolen From Pet Store With Apology Note
- caught on camera Time Warner Cable Techs Should Know They Will Be Photographed If They Fall Asleep On Job
- right place right time UPS Workers Credited With Saving Man’s Life In A Church On Their Route
- as advertised More Examples Of Target Math: They Never Said It Was “On Sale”
- everyone loves ice cream Dairy Queen Pulls Franchise From Owner Who Addressed Family With Racial Slurs