If you have a hassle with a cable company and you want to escalate it to an outside agency, one cable company call center manager told The Consumerist to forget the BBB. His exact words were, “The Better Business Bureau is useless — Public Service Commission is best policy (but a last resort).” Straight from the mouth of a man on the inside and in a position to know, the cable companies are more afraid of PSCs and PUCs than the BBB. Probably because of the two, only the PUC has direct oversight! So, you’re more likely to get action by ccing your cable company complaint to the PUC than the BBB. Don’t know your PUC’s info? Here’s a state-by-state list.
"BBB Is Useless" Says Cable Company Call Center Manager
By Ben Popken April 28, 2008
- council of better business bureaus 9 Things We Learned About Why Better Business Bureau Ratings Don’t Mean Much
- you are and you aren't Why Your Cable Company Doesn’t Always Know If Your New Address Gets Service
- the missing voicelink Union Chief: Verizon Will Discipline, Possibly Fire, Techs Who Repair Copper Phone Lines
- we heart kabletown Let’s Break Down Forbes’ Laughable “5 Reasons To Admire Comcast”
- where there's a bill... there's a way Analyst: If Cable Companies Lose Set-Top Box Money, They’ll Just Charge More For TV