Blockbuster has offered to buy Circuit City for a little over $1 billion, with the goal of creating “a chain that could sell portable devices and entertainment for them, much like Apple Inc.’s stores.” [Chicago Tribune] (Thanks to everyone who sent this in!)
By cwalters April 14, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Yes, There Are Still Blockbuster Video Stores, Just Fewer Of Them After This Weekend
- Why Don’t Device Manufacturers Just Start Leasing Phones To Consumers?
- Circuit City Is Returning From The Dead: Yes, Again
- Analyst: Best Buy’s Prices Now Much Closer To Amazon’s
- Under Armour Will Be Available In Kohl’s Stores, Take Over Former FAO Schwarz Store