Phishers have a new target: your Google Calendar. Nigerian-419-type scammers are spamming sending their messages as meeting invites on people’s Google’s Calendars. This happened to me a few days ago. One way to combat it is to change the “Automatically Add Invites To My Calendar” setting from Yes to No.
Phishers Target Google Calendars
By consumerist.com March 20, 2008
- authentication FTC: Businesses Could Be Doing More To Protect Customers From Phishing, But Aren’t
- Everything Should Have An Undo Option Google Answers Prayers, Officially Adds “Undo Send” Button To Gmail
- lost verizon No, You Won’t Get A $59 Credit On Your Verizon Bill For Responding To A Robocall
- another day in DC Popular E-Mail Privacy Bill May Get Unpopular, Privacy-Reducing Amendments In Senate
- nexus 5 Google’s Defective Phone Policy Is Tough If You’re On A Fixed Income