Look at what they did to Kool-Aid man. He started out as a giant jug of sugar water, busting through walls and letting you drink out of him, a seemingly never-ending supply of flavorful fun. Flash forward to today and his liquid stomach is stapled. How the hell are we supposed to have an all-afternoon sugar high off that teacup? And look what they did to his clothes. Instead of fruity nudity, fig leaves. And look how they foreshortened him to emphasize the fruit and berries in his hands. So now he’s tiny and modest and healthy. Yay, how awesome. How far we have fallen from Eden. After the jump, a cartoon rendering of Dane Cook’s Kool-Aid standup bit, which captures the essence of the original Kool-Aid man commercials in its own special way.
They Ruined Kool-Aid Man
By consumerist.com March 17, 2008
- stuff it stack it fry it 9 Outrageous Menu Items You’ll Only Find At A State Fair
- sigh Bar Debuts Drink Called “Date Grape Kool-Aid,” Outrage Inevitably Ensues
- Easy Drunk New Powdered Alcohol Is Like Kool-Aid For Adults Looking For A Quick Drink
- not everything is funny Restaurant Sorry It Offended People With “Roofie Colada” Drink
- you're doing it wrong The Year That Shouldn’t Have Been: The 50 Most Embarrassing Stories From 2014