This is round 2 in our Worst Company In America contest, Facebook vs The American Arbitration Association. Their major crimes: The American Arbitration Association is the main supplier of kangaroo courts to companies who want to deprive consumers of most of their rights in the event of a legal dispute. Most contracts you sign with companies these days contain a mandatory arbitration clause. Facebook is a social networking site for yupsters that for a while was spying on all your purchases and selling the data to big big advertisers so they could sell you more ads. Which is the greater threat to our way of life? Choose!
Round 2: Facebook vs The American Arbitration Association
By consumerist.com March 13, 2008
- arbitration shmarbitration FCC To Propose Rules That Could Restore Consumers’ Right To Sue Phone, Broadband Providers
- the ties that bind General Mills’ New Policy: If You Engage With Us Online, You Can Never Sue The Company
- see ya in court Arbitration Fairness Act Would Reinstate Consumers’ Right To Sue In Court
- what's good for the goose Nursing Home Industry Files Lawsuit To Keep Preventing Patients From Filing Lawsuits
- be human Petition Demands Big Banks Give Consumers Back Our Right To Sue