This is round 2 in our Worst Company In America contest, Facebook vs The American Arbitration Association. Their major crimes: The American Arbitration Association is the main supplier of kangaroo courts to companies who want to deprive consumers of most of their rights in the event of a legal dispute. Most contracts you sign with companies these days contain a mandatory arbitration clause. Facebook is a social networking site for yupsters that for a while was spying on all your purchases and selling the data to big big advertisers so they could sell you more ads. Which is the greater threat to our way of life? Choose!
Round 2: Facebook vs The American Arbitration Association
By consumerist.com March 13, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Proposed Rules Would Take Away Banks’ “Get Out Of Jail Free” Card
- Bill Aims To Restore Consumers’ Legal Rights Stripped Away By Supreme Court Rulings
- 210 Law Professors Agree: Banks Should Not Be Able To Sidestep Legal System When They Break The Law
- CFPB To Consider Rules That Would Revoke Banks’ “License To Steal”
- Got A Fitbit Or Other Gadget For Christmas? It’s Time To Opt Out Of Mandatory Arbitration!