This is round 2 in our Worst Company In America contest, Facebook vs The American Arbitration Association. Their major crimes: The American Arbitration Association is the main supplier of kangaroo courts to companies who want to deprive consumers of most of their rights in the event of a legal dispute. Most contracts you sign with companies these days contain a mandatory arbitration clause. Facebook is a social networking site for yupsters that for a while was spying on all your purchases and selling the data to big big advertisers so they could sell you more ads. Which is the greater threat to our way of life? Choose!
Round 2: Facebook vs The American Arbitration Association
By consumerist.com March 13, 2008
- what's good for the goose Nursing Home Industry Files Lawsuit To Keep Preventing Patients From Filing Lawsuits
- do not pass go Proposed Rules Would Take Away Banks’ “Get Out Of Jail Free” Card
- arbitration shmarbitration 210 Law Professors Agree: Banks Should Not Be Able To Sidestep Legal System When They Break The Law
- justice is blind-ish 9-In-10 Big Banks Strip Customers Of Their Right To Jury Trial
- constitution shmonstitution From Credit Cards To Mail-Order Steaks: 87 Companies That Are Taking Away Your Right To Sue