Here’s a free idea for the taking: why doesn’t a bank (cough HSBC cough) offer the option to have text message alerts sent to a registered phone number any time a withdrawal is made from a specific account via ATM? “$120 was withdrawn at 2:51pm EST in Palo Verde, CA. Reference #293005” See how easy that was? Such exception-based reporting would drastically cut down on fraud (we’re guessing) by enlisting the help of customers to report unauthorized transactions immediately.
By cwalters March 8, 2008
- Where's The Money? Are Cardless ATMs Safe? $3,000 Goes Missing From Man’s Chase Account
- danger danger Banks Warned About Massive ATM Frauds, Attacks On Websites
- kids today Teens Hack ATM, Then Show Bank How Easily They Did It
- scamalamadingdong How Scammers Trick You Into Giving Up That Security Code On The Back Of Your Credit Card
- cash avalanche New Malware Activated By Text Message Makes ATMs Start Spitting Cash