A Nextel customer service rep says that earlier this week around 25,000 customers erroneously received a text message saying they would be billed $5.3 million in overages. That’s each, as in $5.3 million per person. “Suffice it to say it was a busy day at the call center,” says our insider. Anyone get one of these messages and can send in a picture of it?
By consumerist.com March 7, 2008
- poof Verizon Wireless Agrees To Wipe Out Non-Profit’s $20,300 Data Bill
- to xfinity and beyond Comcast Rings Out 2014 With Yet Another Tape-Recorded Customer Service Disaster
- so over overages Some Verizon Customers Say They Aren’t Getting Data Overage Alerts Anymore
- dispatches from the death star AT&T Employee Says Company Turns “Blind Eye” To Lying Customer Service Reps
- orc spam? Lawsuit Claims Universal Pictures Spammed Phones With Unsolicited ‘Warcraft’ Texts