A Nextel customer service rep says that earlier this week around 25,000 customers erroneously received a text message saying they would be billed $5.3 million in overages. That’s each, as in $5.3 million per person. “Suffice it to say it was a busy day at the call center,” says our insider. Anyone get one of these messages and can send in a picture of it?
By consumerist.com March 7, 2008
- poof Verizon Wireless Agrees To Wipe Out Non-Profit’s $20,300 Data Bill
- so over overages Some Verizon Customers Say They Aren’t Getting Data Overage Alerts Anymore
- orc spam? Lawsuit Claims Universal Pictures Spammed Phones With Unsolicited ‘Warcraft’ Texts
- return to sender Why Doesn’t AT&T Require Email Verification Before Sending Sensitive Account Information?
- oh snap Problems At Snapfish Lead To Pre-Christmas Photo Scramble, Angry Customers