The Stay Free! daily blog was watching the telly and nearly spit out its wheatgrass juice when it noticed an ad for a senior care facility in Brooklyn that has blessed its Alzeimer’s ward with a delightful moniker. They call it, “Al’z place.” That marketing decisions strikes us as, shall we say, unfortunate. What’s the message here? “He forgot his name and so did we so we just call him Al.”
Great Moments In Commercial History: "Al'z Place"
By consumerist.com February 19, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Time Warner Cable Admits Its Customer Service Stinks. Pinky Swears To Do Better
- 17 Commercial Failures From Brands With Spectacularly Bad Ideas
- AT&T CEO Says He Will Head Up Anti-Robocall “Strike Force”
- Why Do I Keep Seeing Commercials For Everest University?
- “Travel Club” Telemarketer Fined $2.96M For Robocalling Consumers