Katie says her Sidekick wasn’t connecting to the network for the past day or so, so she “called T-Mobile and there’s an outage in NYC affecting all gprs-using devices (sidekicks, blackberries, etc).” They gave her a $5 credit for compensation, so if you’re in a similar situation you might want to call T-Mobile to complain.
By cwalters February 13, 2008
- untalkative Don’t Like Talking? Save Money By Ditching Voice Service For Your T-Mobile Smartphone
- you say tomato... i say throttling T-Mobile Denies “Throttling” YouTube, Says Video Is “Mobile Optimized”
- so which is it Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
- because that's where the money is Does Comcast Want To Be Your Mobile Phone Carrier? (Probably, Yeah)
- dispatches from the death star AT&T Now Testing Drones As Flying LTE Antennae