That was fast. The Senate today passed H.R. 5140, a $167 billion economic stimulus plan, by a vote of 81-16. The final bill grants rebates to seniors and disabled veterans, but does not extend unemployment insurance or provide heating assistance to the poor. The bill will now take a quick breather in the House before sprinting down Pennsylvania Avenue for the President’s signature. [AP]
- goin' to college House, Senate Introduce Legislation To Cover The Cost Of Community College
- politics White House Promises To Veto Yet Another FCC-Limiting Bill If It Passes
- the wheels of government House Joins Senate In Taking First Step Toward Affordable Care Act Repeal
- first things first Trump Executive Order Directs Federal Agencies To Scale Back Obamacare; Could Remove Individual Mandate
- Cutting The Strings Should For-Profit Colleges Be Allowed To Spend Taxpayers’ Money To Put Their Names On NFL Stadiums?