Can’t fit it all in one suitcase? United is going to start charging passengers a fee for checking more than one piece of luggage, $25 per bag. Elite frequent flyers will skip the charge. The new policy begins May 5. It’s certainly one way to pass fuel costs on to passengers using more fuel, without raising up-front fare prices.
United Airlines To Charge $25 For Checking 2 Bags
By consumerist.com February 4, 2008
More From Consumerist
- New Bill Aims To Limit “Ridiculous” Airline Fees For Checked Bags, Cancellations
- Senate Report Rips Airlines For Failing To Clearly Disclose Fees
- Senators Tell Airlines: Drop Checked Bag Fees To Speed Up Airport Security
- Does Southwest’s “Bags Fly Free” Policy Hurt On-Time Performance?
- U.S. Airlines Providing Travel Waivers To Some Passengers After Brussels Attack