Can’t fit it all in one suitcase? United is going to start charging passengers a fee for checking more than one piece of luggage, $25 per bag. Elite frequent flyers will skip the charge. The new policy begins May 5. It’s certainly one way to pass fuel costs on to passengers using more fuel, without raising up-front fare prices.
United Airlines To Charge $25 For Checking 2 Bags
By consumerist.com February 4, 2008
- the land of the fee New Bill Aims To Limit “Ridiculous” Airline Fees For Checked Bags, Cancellations
- A reprieve from Fees and Lines? Senators Tell Airlines: Drop Checked Bag Fees To Speed Up Airport Security
- Getting Through the Security Line Alaska Airlines Now Lets You Use Frequent Flyer Miles For TSA PreCheck Membership
- No Holiday Cheer Here Airlines Once Again Introducing Baggage Surcharges For Holiday Travelers
- lightening the load Airline Temporarily Bans Checked Bags To Prevent Jets From Running Out Of Fuel