Can’t fit it all in one suitcase? United is going to start charging passengers a fee for checking more than one piece of luggage, $25 per bag. Elite frequent flyers will skip the charge. The new policy begins May 5. It’s certainly one way to pass fuel costs on to passengers using more fuel, without raising up-front fare prices.
United Airlines To Charge $25 For Checking 2 Bags
By consumerist.com February 4, 2008
- the land of the fee Report Claims That You Secretly Love Airline Fees
- crackdowns United Airlines Will Now Send You Back To Check Your Oversized Carry-On At The Ticket Counter
- land of the fee Senator Calls On Airlines To Not Charge Extra For Access To Overhead Bins
- the land of the fee New Bill Aims To Limit “Ridiculous” Airline Fees For Checked Bags, Cancellations
- flying the cheap skies American Airlines’ New ‘Basic Economy’ Fare Means You Board Last & No Bag In Overhead Bin