Airlines continue to hesitantly flirt with hefty fuel surcharges. Delta, Northwest, and Continental imposed a $20-$40 surcharge over the weekend after previous efforts by United, US Airways, and American failed to stick. Sidestep their pricey dance by purchasing airline tickets between Tuesday afternoon and Thursday evening. [Rick Seaney]
- looking at the costs The Hidden Rewards Miles Charge You Should Know About
- last ditch effort Major Airlines’ Regional Partner, Republic Airways, Files For Bankruptcy Over Pilot Shortage
- No Hiccups Here American Airlines, US Airways Merge Reservation Systems This Weekend
- No Holiday Cheer Here Airlines Once Again Introducing Baggage Surcharges For Holiday Travelers
- taking its time What’s Holding Up Merger Of Alaska Airlines & Virgin America?