Bill Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are teaming up to help poor Californians open starter bank and checking accounts so they don’t have to turn to cash checking and payday loan places with usurious fees. [WSJ]
By consumerist.com January 26, 2008
- what's the catch? Is ActiveHours A True Payday Alternative Or Just Another Too-Good-To-Be-True Letdown?
- Protecting Borrowers Can New Payday Loan Rules Keep Borrowers From Falling Into Debt Traps?
- Making Changes New Rules Aim To Rein In Predatory Payday Lending, But Will They Work?
- special report States’ Attempts To Reform Payday Lending Are Often Just Smoke & Mirrors
- You're Charging For What? Until Banks Settle On Single Way To Disclose Fees, It’s Hard To Compare Checking Accounts