Bill Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are teaming up to help poor Californians open starter bank and checking accounts so they don’t have to turn to cash checking and payday loan places with usurious fees. [WSJ]
By consumerist.com January 26, 2008
- Making Changes New Rules Aim To Rein In Predatory Payday Lending, But Will They Work?
- the dangers of online lenders Online Payday Lenders Could Be Worse Than Traditional Payday Lenders
- on second thought DNC Chair Walks Back Her Opposition To Payday Lending Reform
- cleaning up practices Payday Lending Trade Group Promises To Clean Up Misleading Online Ads
- Faith vs. Greed Religious Groups Call On DNC Chair To Denounce Pro-Payday Loan Bill