Bill Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are teaming up to help poor Californians open starter bank and checking accounts so they don’t have to turn to cash checking and payday loan places with usurious fees. [WSJ]
By consumerist.com January 26, 2008
- what's the catch? Is ActiveHours A True Payday Alternative Or Just Another Too-Good-To-Be-True Letdown?
- Making Changes New Rules Aim To Rein In Predatory Payday Lending, But Will They Work?
- the dangers of online lenders Online Payday Lenders Could Be Worse Than Traditional Payday Lenders
- what price freedom? Free Checking Accounts Are Vanishing And Consumers Are Letting It Happen
- Even One Overdraft Hurts Report: Overdrafting Just A Little Or A Lot Has The Same Negative Consequences For Consumers’ Accounts