Bill Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are teaming up to help poor Californians open starter bank and checking accounts so they don’t have to turn to cash checking and payday loan places with usurious fees. [WSJ]
By consumerist.com January 26, 2008
More From Consumerist
- New Rules Aim To Rein In Predatory Payday Lending, But Will They Work?
- Online Payday Lenders Could Be Worse Than Traditional Payday Lenders
- Payday Lending Trade Group Promises To Clean Up Misleading Online Ads
- DNC Chair Walks Back Her Opposition To Payday Lending Reform
- Religious Groups Call On DNC Chair To Denounce Pro-Payday Loan Bill