Bill Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are teaming up to help poor Californians open starter bank and checking accounts so they don’t have to turn to cash checking and payday loan places with usurious fees. [WSJ]
By consumerist.com January 26, 2008
More From Consumerist
- New Rules Aim To Rein In Predatory Payday Lending, But Will They Work?
- Online Payday Lenders Could Be Worse Than Traditional Payday Lenders
- Most State Laws Can’t Protect Borrowers From Predatory Installment Loans, Open-End Lines Of Credit
- Payment Processor Pleads Guilty After Allowing Fake Payday Lenders To Raid Bank Accounts
- Payday Lending Trade Group Promises To Clean Up Misleading Online Ads