Sears might be be poised to sell off some of the sadder, dirtier, and lonelier of its department stores. In addition, it will reorganize itself into five distinct companies based around different sectors of the business. Details are sketchy, but so far it looks like one company will just deny warranty repairs and replacements, while another will focus its entire energies on sending incompetent technicians to your house.
Sears To Split Into 5 Crappy Companies
By consumerist.com January 23, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Sears Opening Smaller-Format Appliance Stores
- Sears Looking To Make More Money Off Its Kenmore, Craftsman Brands, Won’t Say How
- As Sales Continue To Drop, Sears Borrows $300 Million From Its Own CEO
- Sears Expanding DieHard Brand With Foray Into The Car Tire Business
- Why Is JCPenney Trying To Be More Like Sears, When So Many Sears Stores Are Closing?