Being self-employed can be a source of personal satisfaction, but also headache, especially when it comes to doing one’s taxes. Fortunately, there’s an extremely lucid step-by-step guide posted over at E-How. They’ll walk you through everything you need to do, from determining your status, to your expenses and deductions. The guide points out important things to remember, like the extreme importance of using exact numbers when claiming deductions. Rounded numbers might be easier to add, but they’re also a red flag to IRS auditors (if you learn nothing else from Girls Gone Wild, let it be this).
Self-Employed? Here's How To Do Your Taxes
By consumerist.com January 21, 2008
- tax dad sez Ask Tax Dad: Disabled Veterans, Commuting Actors, And Depreciating Dishwashers
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: I Just Can’t Quit Itemizing My Deductions
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: How Do I E-File? What’s A Deduction, Anyway?
- tax dad sez Ask Tax Dad: Invasion Of The Dependent Relatives
- Scummy Scammers Protect Your Refund: Consumer Advocates Warn Tax Scammers Will Steal Your Identity