From the folks that brought you the credit score system in all it’s glory, here’s MedFICO! It’s a new business project underway with the goal of assessing patient’s ability to pay their medical bills. The system would gather patient’s bill payment history from hospitals around the country and then assign patients a score similar to a credit score. Critics are worried if the same problems with people getting erroneous information in their credit report and then having an insanely difficult time cleaning it up would also affect MedFICO. They also worry whether hospitals would use MedFICO to determine the level of care offered, like whether the person gets a hospital stay or not. FICO scores are now being used by some employers to screen out potential employees, would they use MedFICO to see who might take a bigger chunk out of the health benefits?
MedFICO In Development, It's FICO For Patients!
By consumerist.com January 18, 2008
- fico ain't nothing but a number Would You Break Up With Someone For Having A Bad Credit Score?
- making the switch Will Costco’s Switch From American Express To Visa Affect My Credit?
- Non-tuberculosis mycobacteria Deadly Bacterial Infection Linked To Machine Used During Heart Surgeries
- get well... pay more $164 Per Mile: Surprise Ambulance Bills Are A Growing Problem & Difficult To Avoid
- fixing the issues Bill Would Overhaul Credit Reporting System, Remove Debt After Four Years