Opting out from the junk mailings will no longer have the onerous cost of $1; the Direct Marketing Association is now offering to not bother you, free of charge! It will, however, require entering a credit card number for identity verification purposes. How nice, we’re no longer being assessed a fee to regain the privacy that was taken away from us. DMA has also added a way to opt-out of the mailings of just certain stores, in case there’s places you like getting promotional material in the mail from.
Opting Out Of Junk Mail Now Free
By consumerist.com January 14, 2008
- direct marketing Junk Mail Never Stops, Not Even After You Die
- rip a&p A&P Brand Names And Customer Data Are Up For Auction
- didn't see that coming Feds Shut Down Psychic Scammers Who Tricked Victims Out Of $180 Million
- you are the product Sports Authority Bankruptcy Means Now Dick’s Sporting Goods Owns 114M Customer Records
- tune in opt out Michaels Buys Mailing Lists, Intellectual Property Of Hancock Fabrics