Opting out from the junk mailings will no longer have the onerous cost of $1; the Direct Marketing Association is now offering to not bother you, free of charge! It will, however, require entering a credit card number for identity verification purposes. How nice, we’re no longer being assessed a fee to regain the privacy that was taken away from us. DMA has also added a way to opt-out of the mailings of just certain stores, in case there’s places you like getting promotional material in the mail from.
Opting Out Of Junk Mail Now Free
By consumerist.com January 14, 2008
- punching the clock Remember: You’re Probably Only Opted Out Of Bank Junk Mail For A Few Years
- junking the junk mail Advance Fee Fraudsters Offended When I Use Junk Mail Nuclear Option
- direct marketing Junk Mail Never Stops, Not Even After You Die
- tune in opt out RadioShack Will Not Be Selling Your Phone Number To New Owners
- creepy things It’s Creepy, But Not Illegal, For This Website To Provide All Your Public Info To Anyone