In a speech today Feddy Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke suggested that even steeper interest rates could be in the works. His strong language suggests that they’re considering a half-point drop, down from the current rate of 4.25%. If they follow through, the cut would be expected to be announced at the next Reserve Board meeting on January 29th. Last time rates were cut we took a look at how it affects the price of a bushel of corn in Kansas, i.e., you the average consumer, and another rate cut would be more of the same.
Fed Hints At Further Rate Cuts
By consumerist.com January 10, 2008
- ch-ch-ch-changes FCC Proposal: Phone Companies Need To Offer Backup Power, Actually Notify You If They Kill Off Your Copper-Wire Landline
- doesn't hurt to ask Your Cable Company Will Probably Give You Free HBO For A Few Months, But Good Luck Getting The “New Customer” Rate
- snip snip McDonald’s Cutting 8 Menu Items Next Year And Narrowing Down Value Meal Options From 16 To 11
- Fighting For Change Faith V. Greed: The Battle Between Faith-Based Organizations And The Payday Loan Industry
- Flexing its muscle L.A.-Based Auto Lender Must Pay $48M In Fines, Refunds For Illegal Collections