Kevin sent in this ad for H&R Block trying to market to college kids by giving them $10 in “pizza cash” if you file through H&R Block. This sounds tasty, except that due to their low income, most college kids won’t have to pay any taxes and it’s pretty easy to do with FreeFile through the IRS.gov website, for free, natch. But file through H&R Block and you’ll probably be paying at least $60. So, you could buy yourself $10 of pizza, or pay $50+ for H&R Block pizza. They still teach math in college, right?
H&R Block Lures College Students With $10 In "Pizza Cash"
By consumerist.com January 8, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Tax Software Uses Surge Pricing, Takes Advantage Of Later Filers
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren Proposes Requiring That IRS Offer Free Tax Filing & Prep Services
- Pizza Hut Latest Company Offering To Help Send Employees To College
- Study My Taste Buds Agree With Says Women Love Pizza More Than Men Do
- Papa John’s Franchisee Gets Jail Sentence For Not Paying Minimum Wage