Sales of existing homes rose slightly for the first time in 9 months, but prices fell. Analysts do not think the bottom has yet been reached: “Given stress in the mortgage market and depressed buyer sentiment, we judge this to be a brief respite and look for sales to fall further,” Lehman Brothers economist Michelle Meyer said. [Wall Street Journal]
- looking for a buyer Report: Sports Authority’s Last Hope To Keep Its Name Alive Backing Away From Deal
- bucking the retail trend Why Are Home Depot & TJ Maxx Bringing In Customers Other Retailers Can’t?
- the fall of an industry Texas-Based Retailer Hastings Files For Bankruptcy; Looks To Sell 126 Stores
- same issues different retailer Nordstrom Now Facing Same Sales Slump, Challenges As Other Mall Retailers
- home sales Some Banks Offering Tech Employees Mortgages With No Down Payment