Man fakes death for three years to avoid debt collectors. Hides in in house and flees via secret compartments whenever guests are over. When he finally resurfaced, he did it by walking into a police station and claiming to be suffering from amnesia. He was arrested on suspicion of fraud. Debt makes people do crazy things. That’s why we’re allergic to it when it comes to buying depreciating assets (unless they’re needed to make more money.
Man Fakes Death For Three Years To Avoid Debt Collectors
By consumerist.com December 11, 2007
- the price of an education Man Claims He Was Arrested For Unpaid Federal Student Loan Debt
- Debt Collectors Are The Worst Debt Collectors Can Sue You, But Court Might Not Let You Sue Debt Collector Back
- call the plumber If You Bring Fake Poker Chips To A Tournament, Don’t Flush Them Down The Toilet To Hide The Evidence
- paying back the debt $176M In Wages Garnished For Unpaid Federal Student Loans In Just Three Months
- cfpb New Rules Would Require Debt Collectors Have Proof You Actually Owe Money