Man fakes death for three years to avoid debt collectors. Hides in in house and flees via secret compartments whenever guests are over. When he finally resurfaced, he did it by walking into a police station and claiming to be suffering from amnesia. He was arrested on suspicion of fraud. Debt makes people do crazy things. That’s why we’re allergic to it when it comes to buying depreciating assets (unless they’re needed to make more money.
Man Fakes Death For Three Years To Avoid Debt Collectors
By consumerist.com December 11, 2007
- Stopping Abusive Collectors Feds & NY Attorney General Team Up To Sue Abusive Debt Collectors
- the price of an education Man Claims He Was Arrested For Unpaid Federal Student Loan Debt
- the more you know 4 Scams You Should Always Be Aware Of
- give us your money Feds Go After “Massive, Illegal” Debt-Collection Operation
- why are you taking my money? Lawsuit: Government Illegally Garnishes Disability Benefits To Repay Student Loans