Get $25 From The Credit Card Companies

You may be entitled to a cash prize if you had a Visa, MasterCard, or Diner’s Club Cards during any time between February 1 1996 and November 8 2006. A successful class action lawsuit contended that credit card companies overcharged customers for foreign transactions and didn’t disclose the fees well enough. You can apply for a straight $25 refund, 1% of estimated foreign transactions, or annual estimation refund of 1-3% of foreign transactions for which you have records . Claim your moneys by filling out forms that were mailed to you, going to, or calling 1-800-945-9890. It is not is necessary to have actually conducted foreign transactions to claim the money.

CCFsettlement [via Snopes] (Thanks to Takkun!)
Credit Card Settlement [NYT]
(Photo: mariachily)