Instead of cramming your carry-on with crap, the TSA says we can all make security lines go faster if we pack neater. They want you to pack in layers; a layer of clothes, then a layer of electronics, then a layer of any heavier items. This way, the security folks can more quickly determine the bag does not contain an explosive device. For once, something the TSA said actually makes sense.
Speed Airport Security By Packing Neater
By consumerist.com November 23, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Here’s A Big (Updated) List Of The Foods You Can Bring Through Airport Security
- Parents: Remember To Check Your Kids’ Carry-On Bags Because Hatchets, Grenades Aren’t Allowed On Planes
- 3,000 Checked Bags Stranded At Phoenix Airport After TSA System Glitch
- Use Of 3D Scans On Carry-On Bags Could Reduce TSA Wait Times By 30%
- Would You Sign Up For TSA PreCheck If It Was Cheaper?