A preliminary scouring of morning news turned up no reports of Black Friday violence. Very disappointing. Perhaps several stores being open on Thanksgiving helped to draw off some of the crowds. Maybe more people are shopping online. Perhaps a weak dollar has also weakened consumer’s shopping ferocity. Decreased consumer confidence could translate to shoppers being too timid to throw a punch. Maybe it’s too early to tell and we’ll see some trampling and wig-loss yet… or maybe, just maybe, the deals just suck this year.
No Black Friday Violence Reported So Far
By consumerist.com November 23, 2007
- brown thursday Staples Kicks Off Brown Thursday Announcements: Will Close On Thanksgiving
- black cyber weekend Online Retail Passes In-Store Shopping For Black Friday Weekend
- disco pants and haircuts Some Shopping Malls Forcing Stores To Open On Thanksgiving
- holiday creep Retailers Are Wearing Us Down: Shoppers Don’t Mind Holiday Creep So Much
- say no to the dress Sorry, Bargain-Hunters: Online ‘Formalwear Outlets’ Are Probably Selling Cheap Knockoffs