A preliminary scouring of morning news turned up no reports of Black Friday violence. Very disappointing. Perhaps several stores being open on Thanksgiving helped to draw off some of the crowds. Maybe more people are shopping online. Perhaps a weak dollar has also weakened consumer’s shopping ferocity. Decreased consumer confidence could translate to shoppers being too timid to throw a punch. Maybe it’s too early to tell and we’ll see some trampling and wig-loss yet… or maybe, just maybe, the deals just suck this year.
No Black Friday Violence Reported So Far
By consumerist.com November 23, 2007
- holiday weak-end Spending & Retail Traffic Down From Last Year’s Black Friday Weekend
- brown thursday Kmart Will Open At 6 A.M. On Thanksgiving, Stay Open 42 Hours Straight
- every day is black friday Retailers Move Sales Earlier In Thanksgiving Week, Begin Black Friday Creep
- Paying Past Dues Walmart Stops Contesting $7,000 Fine For Worker Killed By Black Friday Shoppers In 2008
- brown thursday Staples Kicks Off Brown Thursday Announcements: Will Close On Thanksgiving