A Walmart employee was hit by a semi, leaving her permanently brain-damaged and in a wheelchair. Walmart paid for her medical fees and her family successfully sued the trucking company. Now Walmart wants all the money she got from the trucking company. The family only has Social Security benefits and medicaid to pay for her 24 hour medical care. The company health plan contains a clause that allows it to recoup medical expenses it paid if the person also wins damages in an injury suit. This cost-effective management of the employee health plan is just another way Walmart delivers America everday low prices.
Walmart Pays For Brain Damaged Employee's Medical Bills, Then Sues For The Money Back
By consumerist.com November 21, 2007
- health insurance Walmart Worker Suing Retailer Claiming Its Previous Benefits Policy Discriminated Against Same-Sex Couples
- rollbacks Walmart Taking Away Insurance For 30,000 Workers
- thanks for giving Walmart Stores Once Again Asking Employees To Donate Food To Co-Workers In Need
- the bad kind of surprise Insurance Loopholes & Master Pricing: How Surprise Medical Bills Knock Consumers Down
- the max for the minimum Walmart To Raise Base Pay At 1,434 Stores Because Of State Minimum Wage Hikes