A Walmart employee was hit by a semi, leaving her permanently brain-damaged and in a wheelchair. Walmart paid for her medical fees and her family successfully sued the trucking company. Now Walmart wants all the money she got from the trucking company. The family only has Social Security benefits and medicaid to pay for her 24 hour medical care. The company health plan contains a clause that allows it to recoup medical expenses it paid if the person also wins damages in an injury suit. This cost-effective management of the employee health plan is just another way Walmart delivers America everday low prices.
Walmart Pays For Brain Damaged Employee's Medical Bills, Then Sues For The Money Back
By consumerist.com November 21, 2007
- you don't work here anymore Walmart Ordered To Pay $31 Million For Retaliating Against Pharmacist Whistleblower
- yer outta here Walmart Worker Says He Was Fired For Redeeming $5.10 Worth Of Cans He Found In Store Parking Lot
- wal-crime Woman Accused Of Shoplifting At Walmart Flashed Security Staff, Then Bit Them
- a slow speedy getaway Walmart Shoplifter Uses Scooter To Fight Off Employee, Make Getaway
- disability How To Finally Get Insurance To Approve A Wheelchair For A Kid: Go Viral On Twitter