The CPSC says 9 children have been hospitalized after eating Aqua Dots beads. The craft toy contains a glue that breaks down in party drug GHB when ingested. The toy was made by a Chinese factory, whose license was suspended following the recall. Reportedly, the toxic glue cost 1/3 less than the glue they were supposed to use.
9 Children Hospitalized After Eating GHB-Filled Aqua Dots
By consumerist.com November 12, 2007
- lead levels CPSC Recalls Kids’ Jewelry Kits With Cra-Z Amount Of Lead
- Scary Seating Safety Regulators Re-Recall 2.2M Bean Bag Chairs Linked To Two Deaths After Low Consumer Response
- looking at lead levels Federal & State Agencies Probing High Lead Levels In Cra-Z-Art Jewelry Kits
- Protecting Children Legislation Would Require Liquid Nicotine Come In Child-Proof Packages
- Protecting Children Bill Requiring Childproof Packs For Liquid Nicotine Heads To President’s Desk