Know that story about the guy who supposedly invented subliminal advertising, where they would flash secret messages faster than the eye could perceive and get you to buy more Coke and such? Besides being shown to be completely ineffective, the guy who “discovered” it actually made the whole thing up as a gimmick to get more business for his marketing research company. [WSJ] (subscription-free link)
- just for her “Pinkwashing” May Soon Be A Marketing Ploy Of The Past
- bogus bug products New York AG Going After Companies Shilling Ineffective Zika Prevention Products
- What were they thinking 17 Commercial Failures From Brands With Spectacularly Bad Ideas
- the same but not Why Is It So Hard To See What’s Inside The “Black Box” Determining What Prices You Get Online?
- cough cough kids kids Pediatricians: Raise Smoking Age To 21, Ban Flavored Tobacco, Restrict E-Cig Sales