Know that story about the guy who supposedly invented subliminal advertising, where they would flash secret messages faster than the eye could perceive and get you to buy more Coke and such? Besides being shown to be completely ineffective, the guy who “discovered” it actually made the whole thing up as a gimmick to get more business for his marketing research company. [WSJ] (subscription-free link)
- who Young Grocery Shoppers Have No Idea Who This ‘Paul Newman’ Guy Is
- just for her “Pinkwashing” May Soon Be A Marketing Ploy Of The Past
- my son is also named bort Coke Reverses 10 Years Of Sagging Sales By Slapping Names On Bottles
- it's a job Who Has It Worse: Victims Of This Scary “Living” Poster, Or The Guy Stuck Inside?
- bogus bug products New York AG Going After Companies Shilling Ineffective Zika Prevention Products