Scabies Outbreak Shuts Down The Children's Place

A Children’s Place store was shut down and fumigated after an outbreak of scabies amongst its employees. Ew!

The store is now up and running again with all new merchandise—even though scabies is caused by a parasite that is transmitted primarily by skin-to-skin contact and not through clothing. Better safe than sorry, we suppose.

From TMJ4 Milwaukee:

Kelly Frank says she feels like she was misled by the Children’s Place.

“I feel like they’ve spent two weeks trying to hide why they’ve been closed,” Frank told TMJ4’s Shelley Walcott.

On October 3rd, frank noticed the Brookfield Children’s Place was closed. One staff member told her it was because of remodeling. Another said it was a computer crash.

After a call to corporate, Frank discovered the real reason: two Brookfield workers had contracted Scabies, a highly contagious skin disease, and the store was being fumigated.

“They went above and beyond the call of duty to clean up,” Waukesha County Health and Human Services’ Peter Schuler said.

Well, if you had scabies, would you admit it? No. No, you would not.

Store Open After Scabies Scare [TMJ4]