“The company said it does not determine the requests’ legality or necessity because to do so would slow efforts to save lives in criminal investigations.” – Verizon Says It Turned Over Data Without Court Orders [Washington Post]
More From Consumerist
- Microsoft Sues Justice Dept.; Wants To Be Able To Tell Users When Govt. Reads Their Files
- Court Says Facebook Can’t Challenge Search Warrants For User Data
- Philadelphia Investigating Verizon’s Completion Of FiOS Buildout
- The End Is Just The Beginning In The Apple Vs. DOJ Legal Battle Over Encryption
- Verizon: We Still Hate Net Neutrality And Hope It Loses, But We Love Net Neutrality!