Extremely high levels of lead were found in a Go Diego Go backpack, a Superfly monkey and a pair of Circo Lulu boots, the Center for Health, Environment and Justice (a group dedicated to ridding the world of PVC) reported in a new study released yesterday. In all, 11 items they tested contained lead levels and/or heavy metals well over the safety standard, 10 of which contained PVC, or vinyl. The backpack had levels of 4,600 parts per million. The CPSC standard is 600 parts per million.
Consumer Group Finds Lead In More Children's Toys
By consumerist.com September 27, 2007
- looking at lead levels Federal & State Agencies Probing High Lead Levels In Cra-Z-Art Jewelry Kits
- lead levels CPSC Recalls Kids’ Jewelry Kits With Cra-Z Amount Of Lead
- floor plans Lumber Liquidators Promises To Sell Vinyl Flooring Free Of Potentially Dangerous Chemicals
- they don't hover Nearly 501,000 Hoverboards Recalled Over Safety, Fire Hazards
- floormaldehyde Lumber Liquidators To Pay California $2.5M For Having Too Much Formaldehyde In Its Flooring