You can find yourself hit with all sorts of crazy fees at closing time, some of them unnecessary or overinflated, says Bankrate. But how do you know what’s reasonable? For a fee, natch, of $45 the National Mortgage Complaint Center (866-714-6466) will examine your fees and see if they’re too high or out of the ordinary. You can also see how your fees compare with state averages.
Avoid Crazy Closing Fees
By consumerist.com September 17, 2007
- up up and away Average ATM Fees Hit Record High For 10th Straight Year
- bill guides The Consumerist Guide To Understanding Your AT&T U-verse Bill
- denied Judge Rejects $28.5M Uber “Safe Rides” Fee Settlement, Says Company Made $449M From These Charges
- cash only Average ATM Fees Hit Record High Of $4.52, Up 21% Over 5 Years
- that's a lot of revenue Banks Turned Account Overdraft Fees Into $11.16B In Revenue Last Year