You can find yourself hit with all sorts of crazy fees at closing time, some of them unnecessary or overinflated, says Bankrate. But how do you know what’s reasonable? For a fee, natch, of $45 the National Mortgage Complaint Center (866-714-6466) will examine your fees and see if they’re too high or out of the ordinary. You can also see how your fees compare with state averages.
Avoid Crazy Closing Fees
By consumerist.com September 17, 2007
- up up and away Average ATM Fees Hit Record High For 10th Straight Year
- protecting your plastic New Prepaid Debit Card Rules Would Add Protections, Curb Overdraft Abuse
- land of the fee No Surprise Here: Prepaid Card Fees Vary Considerably
- the year that was The 50 Most-Read Consumerist Stories Of 2016
- Makin' It Easier For Consumers Could Consumers’ Frustration With Mortgage Closings Be Solved By eClosing System?