Travel Sites determine what deals you see by reading the cookies on your computer. If you recently searched for four-star hotels, the sites may present significantly higher airfares. To make sure you are getting the best possible deal, don’t visit travel sites without first switching to private browsing, or erasing your cookies.
By consumeristcarey July 31, 2007
Tagged With: privacy
- the same but not Why Is It So Hard To See What’s Inside The “Black Box” Determining What Prices You Get Online?
- perk alert Hyatt Offering 10% Discount To Loyalty Members Who Book Their Stay Directly
- giving out freebies Hotels Offering Perks To Sway Guests Away From Third Party Booking Sites
- keep your ads to yourself Firefox’s Private Browsing Mode Can Now Block Invasive Online Ads
- going... going... gone Google Flights Will Now Alert Users When Airfares Are About To Expire