Reader Bricko revealed the identity of the journalist who filed a story on 24-Hour Fitness from his hospital bed: It’s Marvin Zindler, beloved Houston TV personality, whose consumer reports often focus on rat and roach droppings, and “slime in the ice machine,” found in local restaurants. [Wikipedia, YouTube]
More From Consumerist
- FCC’s Robocall Strike Force Kicks Into Action Today
- American Airlines Ditching Confusing 24-Hour Hold Policy For 24-Hour Cancellation Option
- Applebee’s Forgot To Pay Prep Cook With Autism For A Whole Year
- Nonprofit Hospitals Suing Poor Patients Without Telling Them They Qualify For Reduced Or Free Care
- Got A Fitbit Or Other Gadget For Christmas? It’s Time To Opt Out Of Mandatory Arbitration!