The investigative arm of Congress believes that few cases of identity theft can be tied to security breaches. “The Government Accountability Office said it is not because it doesn’t happen, but rather that the links are so hard to find.” Good work, GAO.
By consumeristcarey July 8, 2007
Tagged With: identity theft
- your government at work 6 Things We Learned About The IRS’s Fight Against Fraud And Identity Theft
- Hacked at 30000 feet GAO Report Finds Airplanes With WiFi Connections May Be Vulnerable To Cyber Attacks
- ch-ch-ch-changes Advocate: Additional IRS Funding Should Be “Extremely Helpful” In Actually Helping Taxpayers
- Tracking Your Every Move Identity Theft: Could It Be Your GPS’ Fault? Probably Not, But Maybe
- Scummy Scammers Protect Your Refund: Consumer Advocates Warn Tax Scammers Will Steal Your Identity