The investigative arm of Congress believes that few cases of identity theft can be tied to security breaches. “The Government Accountability Office said it is not because it doesn’t happen, but rather that the links are so hard to find.” Good work, GAO.
By consumeristcarey July 8, 2007
Tagged With: identity theft
- your government at work 6 Things We Learned About The IRS’s Fight Against Fraud And Identity Theft
- ch-ch-ch-changes Advocate: Additional IRS Funding Should Be “Extremely Helpful” In Actually Helping Taxpayers
- your government at work IRS Tool To Protect Identity Theft Victims Vulnerable To Identity Thieves
- it's the law Health Care Providers Repeatedly Violate HIPAA, Nothing Happens
- let's work this out Apple Suggests New Commission Be Formed To Resolve FBI Privacy Standoff