If you want to successfully challenge a charge a debt collector says you owe, you’ll want to understand the doctrine of “account stated.”
By consumerist.com July 3, 2007
- do androids dream of electric debt? Robocalling Phantom Debt Collector Accused Of Harassing, Defrauding Consumers
- not my debt Countless Consumers Are Paying Off Someone Else’s Debt Because Of Default Judgments
- just leave me alone Kohl’s Shopper Sues Store For Bugging Her About $20 Debt
- stay dead Is It Time For Regulators To Stab Zombie Debt Through The Brain?
- things that won't stay dead What Is Zombie Debt, And Why Won’t It Just Stay Dead?