If you want to successfully challenge a charge a debt collector says you owe, you’ll want to understand the doctrine of “account stated.”
By consumerist.com July 3, 2007
- things that won't stay dead What Is Zombie Debt, And Why Won’t It Just Stay Dead?
- cfpb New Rules Would Require Debt Collectors Have Proof You Actually Owe Money
- robocalls What You Need To Know About New Rules Allowing Debt Collection Robocalls From Feds
- lawsuits Supreme Court OKs Private Debt Collectors’ Use Of Prosecutors’ Letterhead To Make People Pay
- Debt Collectors Are The Worst Debt Collectors Can Sue You, But Court Might Not Let You Sue Debt Collector Back