If you want to successfully challenge a charge a debt collector says you owe, you’ll want to understand the doctrine of “account stated.”
By consumerist.com July 3, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Countless Consumers Are Paying Off Someone Else’s Debt Because Of Default Judgments
- What Is Zombie Debt, And Why Won’t It Just Stay Dead?
- Supreme Court OKs Private Debt Collectors’ Use Of Prosecutors’ Letterhead To Make People Pay
- Debt Collectors Can Sue You, But Court Might Not Let You Sue Debt Collector Back
- The Country’s Two Largest Debt Buyers Must Refund Consumers $61M Over Illegal Collection Practices