Money Crashers shares some ideas for fighting Universal Default, the practice whereby if you fall behind on your payments with one lender, they alert other lenders, who then use that as an excuse to jack up your rates.
By consumerist.com June 29, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Lender EZCORP Must Pay $10M In Refunds, Fines For Illegal In-Person Debt Collection Practices
- Borrowers With Federal Student Loans Made By Private Lenders At Greater Risk For Default
- New Rules Aim To Rein In Predatory Payday Lending, But Will They Work?
- Lending Startups Use Borrowers’ Smartphone Behavior To Decide If They Are Creditworthy
- Payday Lending Trade Group Promises To Clean Up Misleading Online Ads