Money Crashers shares some ideas for fighting Universal Default, the practice whereby if you fall behind on your payments with one lender, they alert other lenders, who then use that as an excuse to jack up your rates.
By consumerist.com June 29, 2007
- Making Changes New Rules Aim To Rein In Predatory Payday Lending, But Will They Work?
- repossessed Feds Investigate Auto Lender For Its Use Of GPS Device To Remotely Disable Cars
- more issues for private student loans CFPB Report Finds 90% Of Student Loan Borrowers Who Seek Co-Signer Release Are Denied
- Always Look Closely Am I Completely Screwed If My Student Loan Co-Signer Dies?
- home sales Some Banks Offering Tech Employees Mortgages With No Down Payment