Post-Tax-Day Tips

Tax day is over but that doesn’t mean the party has to stop. WFMY has a roundup of tax tips for lingering tax issues, like setting up an installment payment plan, who to call if you have a major problem, and fixing errors.

The IRS may correct math errors and may accept returns with certain forms or schedules left off. But if, for example, you forgot to request the phone tax refund or you left off reportable income, you can file a Form 1040X to amend your return. The form is available at or by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM. If you’re amending to request the telephone excise tax refund, use Line 15 then use the instructions for the rest of the form.

Sound advice for common post tax-day issues. — BEN POPKEN

After-Tax-Day Tips From The IRS [WFMY]