Man Gets Brand New Laptop After Suing HP In Small Claims Court For Losing His

HP seemed to have “lost” David Barzelay’s laptop when he sent it in for repairs. After a month of no laptop, HP wouldn’t replace it or return it.

So David filed suit against them in small claims court. Without even contesting it, HP sent him a brand-spanking new laptop. All it cost David was $14 in filing fees.

Small claims court. Use it. It’s for you, it’s easy, it’s awesome. Here’s a list of states and info about filing such a claim.

I’m A Plaintiff and I Win! Me: 3, HP: 1 [] (Thanks to Brian!)

Want more consumer news? Visit our parent organization, Consumer Reports, for the latest on scams, recalls, and other consumer issues.