Can't Afford Your Taxes? Apply For An Installment Plan

Can’t afford to pay your taxes in full? Sign up for an installment payment plan using form 9465. [PDF]

Simply fill it out and put how much you’re able to pay each month, with a max (usually) of up to 5 years of payment plans.

There is an initial fee of $102, or $52 if you opt for electronic withdrawal. Interest and additional penalties may apply.

The IRS can’t deny your request as long as the amount owed is under $10,000 and you meet certain minimal restrictions Check the form for details.

So if you’re going to have trouble paying your taxes, apply for an installment payment plan. If you’re low on funds, It’s certainly cheaper than paying for your taxes in on your credit card. — BEN POPKEN

Form 9465 [IRS]