Hunt Down Your Missing W-2s and 1099s

The deadline for mailing W-2s and 1099s was Jan. 31, so if you don’t have yours yet…they’re probably lost in the mail. Don’t panic, Blueprint for Financial Prosperity has some tips to help track them down.

The first step is to call your employer and ask for a new one. If that doesn’t work, you can call the IRS for help at (800) 829-1040. If that still doesn’t work, you will need to file Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement (PDF 29K)

Since 1099s don’t need to be included with your return, you can simply call your accounts and ask them what they reported. If you have accounts earning interest and did not get a 1099, you can call the bank and request a print out. —MEGHANN MARCO

Where To Get Missing W-2 and 1099s Forms [Blueprint for Financial Prosperity]
(Photo: Sister72)