From the New York Post:
A 16-year-old boy says he suffered “severe and permanent personal injuries” after eating food from a Long Island Taco Bell.
In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, James Robinson, of Rockville Centre, says he “experienced great pain and suffering” and was hospitalized with E. coli poisoning after his mother picked him up some dinner at a now-shuttered Taco Bell in Hempstead.
James was one of the first to get sick, and initially the doctors didn’t know what was wrong with him or how to treat it. The lawsuit names Taco Bell and the provider of the lettuce, Ready Pac. According to the Post: “A spokesman for Taco Bell said the company doesn’t comment on pending litigation but is dedicated to making sure their food is safe.” —MEGHANN MARCO