DealHack’s Dell Buyer’s Guide might not be spanking new, but they’ve got a lot of practical advice on picking out a new PC or laptop. While it’s probably worth visiting the article itself—it’s a lot more in depth—here’s the gist:
- Buy one step below top-of-the-line. Just like wine in a restaurant…
- Decide your needs before you configure. If you don’t game, you’ll probably save yourself some dough.
- Make the most of coupon codes. Wait for the good ones.
- Buy and install additional memory yourself. Crucial.com is your friend.
- Buy online, not over the phone. Because talking to people reminds you of the intelligence of Dell’s workforce.
Dell Buyer’s Guide [DealHack]