Man Dies In Freak Gas Pump Fire Caused By Static Electricity

Man Dies In Freak Gas Pump Fire Caused By Static Electricity

A Pennsylvania man died last Friday in a freak fire at a gas station. Authorities say that the fire was sparked by static electricity on the man’s body, and he died of inhalation of superheated gases. While this type of fire is very rare and fatalities even rarer, they do happen. To prevent them, you should do something terribly mundane: do not ever get back in your car while fueling, and make sure to touch a metal surface before fueling. [More]

Are Walmart's New Shopping Carts Shocking Customers?

Are Walmart's New Shopping Carts Shocking Customers?

We received a strange tip from Steve, who says the new shopping carts in his local Walmart shock him every time he touches them. He says he saw another shopper get shocked as well, and that a cashier confirmed it. Has anyone else experienced this?