Dog Dies After Visit To Petco Groomer, Owner Wants Hair Dryer Cages Banned

Dog Dies After Visit To Petco Groomer, Owner Wants Hair Dryer Cages Banned

Sadie, a beloved 6-year-old Lhasa Apso in good health, died in 2008 after a regular grooming session at a California Petco. She became ill while inside a cage dryer, a kennel with an air blower attached (sometimes heated, sometimes not) and was immediately taken for emergency medical care. The veterinarian treating her concluded that the dog died of “severe heatstroke.” But was the heatstroke caused by the actions of Petco’s employees, as her owner’s lawsuit alleges? [More]