(San Diego Humane Society)

Because you might as well call this site Catsumerist considering the all-consuming love we have for the furry little felines, we thought our readers should know that Mouse and WiFi, aka the kittens who survived 130 miles packed in a box as newborns, are now up for adoption. Ready, set, awwwwww you’ve got a new cat. [via San Diego Humane Society]

Canadian Scientists: Actually, Mountain Dew Can't Dissolve A Mouse

Canadian Scientists: Actually, Mountain Dew Can't Dissolve A Mouse

The Canadian Broadcasting Company has an important message for the soda pop-buying public: PepsiCo’s claim that Mountain Dew can’t dissolve a whole mouse into a “jelly-like substance” seems unlikely to them. A rodent in a small container of soft drink is going to decompose, not dissolve. Doesn’t that make you feel better? [More]

Pardon Me, But There Is A Mouse In This Can Of Diet Pepsi

Pardon Me, But There Is A Mouse In This Can Of Diet Pepsi

(Ed. note— Ok, let me just tell you that reading this story made my stomach flip, which is something that almost never happens to me, so if you’re eating lunch or (heaven forbid) drinking a Pepsi — just go to Cute Overload and forget this ever happened.) A Florida man says he was drinking a can of Diet Pepsi when he noted that it tasted funny. (Warning: “Not Safe For Lunch” graphic picture inside.)

Man Finds Mouse Baked Into His Hot Dog Buns

Man Finds Mouse Baked Into His Hot Dog Buns

A North Carolina man bought some hot dog buns that came with a little surprise inside. No, it wasn’t a prize. “I see the little ears. Clearly that’s a tail. I don’t know what that is, part of his leg or something,” the man told NBC.

Open Box Gaming Mice Cost $12 Extra At Best Buy

Daniel wanted to pick up a Lachesis Gaming Mouse on sale at Best Buy for $59.99, but the San Francisco store he visited had only two open-box models left and both cost $71.99.

Montana Man Finds Deep-Fried Mouse In Bag Of Potato Chips

Jack Hines reacted with cat-like reflexes when he discovered a deep-fried mouse in his bag of Lays K.C. Masterpiece BBQ Flavored Potato Chips. From UPI:

“I just about put it in my mouth,” said Hines. “I was sitting there watching TV in the dark and I grabbed for three fingers of potato chips and I grabbed a mouse. It shook me up a bit and I threw it over my head.”

Lays is handling the situation well. When Hines reported the mouse to their 800 number, they made sure he was feeling well and offered to dispatch a representative to retrieve the mouse and remaining chips. Hines has vowed never to buy barbecue potato chips ever again.