(joelorama)

How Three People Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In The Same Motel Room, Six Weeks Apart

Back in April, an elderly couple died while staying in a Best Western motel in North Carolina. The local medical examiner couldn’t find a clear cause of death. The motel continued renting the room to others until last week, when an 11-year-old boy died and his mother was rushed to the hospital. The cause? Carbon monoxide poisoning from the pool heater. [More]

Canceling Super 8 Reservation Somehow Leads To More Reserved Rooms

Canceling Super 8 Reservation Somehow Leads To More Reserved Rooms

Reserve on the Web, cancel on the Web. Wouldn’t that make sense? Mike thought so, and he didn’t see anything indicating otherwise when he made his Super 8 reservation. But somehow, his reservation for one night turned into a two-night reservation after he canceled it because he was supposed to call the motel directly to cancel. Who knew that canceling a reservation could have the opposite effect? [More]

Blacklisted From Motel 6 For Complaining About Moldy Shower Curtain

Blacklisted From Motel 6 For Complaining About Moldy Shower Curtain

We appreciate your feedback? Not so much. When a man returned to the same Motel 6 where he had complained about a moldy shower curtain, he found himself barred from staying there. Because no other hotels had vacancies, he was forced to sleep in his car. [More]

Is This The End Of Recession Pricing For Hotel Rooms?

Is This The End Of Recession Pricing For Hotel Rooms?

While the last couple years haven’t exactly been wonderful for people in the hotel business, many travelers have been able to score cut-rate rooms as hotel operators sought to fill rooms. But now, says USA Today, it’s looking like rates are back on the rise again. [More]

Reach Super 8 Executive Customer Service

Reach Super 8 Executive Customer Service

Got a Super 8 customer service issue they’re not being so super about, and regular customer service leaves you with a dull metallic taste in your mouth? Try one of these escalated points of contact. [More]

Are You A Hotel Trasher? Don't Stay In Australia

Are You A Hotel Trasher? Don't Stay In Australia

Guests Behaving Badly (GBB) is an Australia-only customer blacklist that hotels there can use to weed out potentially bad guests. From their FAQ:

Super 8 In Pasadena Is Super Run Down

Super 8 In Pasadena Is Super Run Down

You know you’re not in for a life-changing experience when you get a room at a Super 8 motel, but you at least expect that for $190 a night, there will be hot water and blankets big enough to cover both you and your girlfriend. And no plywood in the bathroom. And four legs holding up the bed. But not at the Super 8 in Pasadena, CA, according to Matt, who was just there for the Rose Bowl.

http://consumerist.com/2008/10/01/a-days-inn-in-cleveland/

A Days Inn in Cleveland, Ohio, has bedbugs, a mother of four found out when the Red Cross put her family there for the night after her house burned down. Yes, it’s another bedbugs-in-hotels story, but this time there are pictures! [WKYC.com]